Friday, October 26, 2012

friday favorites

I think I've come up with some sort of 'work-in-progress' template I want to follow when writing for this blog.
I may sway from time to time, but I want you guys to have something to look forward to when you come here to see what I'm up to.
So here's what I'm thinking:

Tuesdays - Tuesdays will always be recipe day.  I am pretty consistent in my actual life with cooking on Monday nights, so I feel like Tuesday is the perfect day to get my thoughts together and share something yummy I've tried.

Wednesdays - This will be a day that I will share a recipe that a friend has tried.  Whether it be a close friend, family member, fellow blogger, whoever...I want to dedicate at least one day to hearing what you guys have been cooking and to learning something new myself.  So, if you make something awesome that you feel everyone needs to drop what they're doing and make, please let me know and it will absolutely be featured here!

Friday - Hence the post title, Friday's will be "friday favorites" day.  I will share with you some things I am currently loving - special projects, products, plans I'm looking forward to - it could be anything really.  I'm a big ball of love on Fridays because I'm ecstatic for the weekend, so lets talk about things we're obsessing over!

Sunday - These posts will vary from week to week.  I may share something delicious I  whipped up over the weekend, talk about exciting things going on, or just recap the week.  There's no real structure to this day...but I guess that's why it's call Sunday Funday, right?

If ya'll have any comments/suggestions or things you'd like to read about, please don't hesitate to let me know.  These days are subject to change whenever the mood strikes me, so let your voice be heard!

In the spirit of this new schedule idea, let's start off with the first 'friday favorites' of many!

1. Crocheting

picture via {here}

My friend, Tiffany, taught me how to crochet this week, and I seriously can't stop.  I'm working on a blanket right now, and albeit crooked, it's coming along quite nicely!  I can't wait to finish and start on a new scarf!

2. Essie "Don't Sweater It"

picture via {here}

I've gotten into the habit recently of painting my nails once a week, mostly on Sundays, and seriously every other week I go right back to this color.  It's just the perfect shade for fall!  It matches everything and it doesn't make me look like a complete ghost.  {Does anyone else have that problem with the dark navys and deep reds?  They make me look like a straight up vampire.}

3.  The GA/FL tradition

picture via {here}

This weekend my friends and I are headed down to Jacksonville {3rd year in a row!} to cheer on the Dawgs and pray for another victory.  In the two previous years I've been, I've seen a loss and a win and let me just tell you - Jax is way more fun for Georgia fans when the Dawgs win.  You're probably like "duh, captain obvious, of course it is" but seriously, I've seen things gets pretty hostile so I'm just hoping first and foremost for a fun, safe trip {and in a close second, a Georgia win would be nice :)}.

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!  See you all Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment