Friday, February 22, 2013

friday things

1. I am totally over this week.  It's been long, cold, rainy...and today I tried to clean up my desk at work and a spider crawled out from under a stack of papers.  A FREAKING SPIDER!  So yeah, that's how my week has been.

2. Did anyone know it's National Margarita Day?  I can't think of a better way to forget this dreary week than with a marg...like this one maybe.  Treat yo'self.

source
3. I've gone to the gym three days a week, two weeks in a row now!  Staying strong on the fitness train...for now, at least.  I will say this...and I know you've probably heard it a million times, but seriously, a good playlist makes all the difference.  I actually put some effort into making a playlist last week, and it has 100% made working out a little less miserable.

4. This morning Joe and I got tickets to go see The Postal Service on June 6th, and I am super pumped!  Totally brings back flashbacks from my junior and senior years in high school.

Also, I'm excited just to go see a show with Joe.  He's bought me tickets to see three concerts since we've known each other, but he's never gone with me to see one.

I can't understand why on Earth he wouldn't want to be my guest to Hanson, Taylor Swift, or Bieber.  Ha.

5. My obsession with coconut oil is still in full swing {best moisturizer I've ever used, hands down}, but I want to start playing with it more in the kitchen.

And not just on popcorn, even though I did make the best batch of popcorn I've ever had a couple weekends ago - coconut oil, sea salt, and cayenne.
Do it.
Now.

I'm thinking about trying these little buddies next.


6. Can we please talk about how adorable these puppy bowties are?

Bow tie dog collar
source
And I don't even really like bowties.
But if it was AJ in a bowtie, I just might.

7.  This weekend will be spent getting some quality time in together before Joe heads out to San Francisco all next week for work, trying to find a new place to live when our lease runs out {two more months!}, and going out in Virginia Highland to celebrate Kayla's birthday.

Oh and of course, THE OSCARS!
I have totally jumped on the I-love-award-shows bandwagon and have been counting down to Sunday.
And I will absolutely be tweeting up a storm, so feel free to follow along!

Anyone else doing anything fun?

Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment