Friday, February 8, 2013

friday things

1. I forgot to tell you guys about last Friday when we were supposed to go to the Salt Factory Pub.  Well, there was a pretty long wait because everyone forgot to mention how totally adorable downtown Roswell is and how obviously it's the cutest place to have a date night ever.  Seriously, all of the little shops and restaurants and twinkly lights...like something out of a movie.

Long story short, we ended up at NINE Street Kitchen and it was great!  I had the most delicious spicy chicken salad {that was actually spicy - I can't tell you how much I hate when people say something is spicy and it's not} with chipotle-honey dressing.  Nom.

Oh yeah...and there was live music.

Overall I'd give it a 10 solely on atmosphere alone.  I'm a sucker for cute, trendy date spots. Can't help it.

2.  I made this awesome spicy buffalo chicken pizza last night.  Why have I not always been putting cayenne pepper on my pizzas?  Apparently spicy is the theme of the day here.

3.  I haven't touched on this yet, but today is Joe's last day at his current job.  Next week he's on to bigger and better things, and I for one couldn't be more excited!  We've dealt with a lot of stress for the last 8 or 9 months {moreso him, obviously}, and I can't wait to actually have peaceful dinners and spend time together after work without him having to cut things short to work the night away.

So basically what I'm saying is congratulations, my love!  I can't wait to see what this next chapter brings!

4.  I've gotten back into the routine of making smoothies for breakfast.  Anyone have any good mixtures they'd like to share?  As of now I've been using frozen mixed fruit {strawberries, peaches, pineapple, mango}, almond milk, and a scoop of peanut butter.  Not gonna lie, the peanut butter tastes a little funky with the mango.  In my opinion, anyway.  I just can't get the balance right.

5.  Someone please tell me how to wake up early and go to the gym.  I set my alarm three times this week to do it and, surprise surprise, I turned said alarm off all three times.  And that was after getting 8-9 hours of sleep!  Help.

6.  I'm almost ashamed to bring this up...but it wouldn't be a Friday if I didn't discuss some kind of trashy television.  Please tell me I'm not the only one that's been watching Buckwild on MTV?  Okay, I realize I'm a grown woman and I shouldn't find it this interesting...but it's like a train wreck that I can't look away from.  Seriously.  It's almost like I'm in disbelief.

I'll consider myself judged.

What are ya'll up to this weekend?

I plan on relaxing, celebrating Joe's new job, doing a little Valentine's shopping, and hopefully pressuring our friends into finally trying Chuy's with us.
I keep hearing great things but still haven't made it over there, and I'm determined to go while it's still two minutes from my apartment.
Also, I obviously need some creamy jalapeno sauce in my life.

Let's just call it "testing new sauces for recipe inspiration."

Rationalization - complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment