Monday, February 4, 2013

fruity white sangria

Today I have something very near and dear to my heart to share with you all.

If you know me at all, you probably know I'm a huge fan of wine.
Any and all wine, really.
So it shouldn't be a shock that I'm also in love with sangria.

It all started last May when I was graduating.
Joe's sister, Ashley, came to Atlanta to stay with us for a few days and help me celebrate properly.
She had been telling me for months that she had learned how to make sangria, so what better a time to show me the ropes than my last day ever of final exams?

She knows me so well.

And once she taught me how to make this, there was no stopping me.
All summer long it was just a given that I'd be taking a jug of sangria to any party/tailgate/random day at the pool that I was invited to.


Things you'll need {for one large pitcher}:
1 lemon, sliced
1 lime, sliced
1 green or red apple, diced
1/2 carton strawberries, diced
1/2 can mandarin oranges
1/2 can sliced peaches, diced into smaller pieces
1/4 cup peach juice
1 cup Triple Sec {or enough to cover the fruit about 2/3 of the way}
2-3 bottles of white wine {I like to use a sweet white like Chablis, but it's also great with Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay}
2 tbps sugar - *optional
Diet Gingerale or club soda

1.  Chop all fruit and add to pitcher.

2. Add peach juice and Triple Sec.
*Note: If you don't have Triple Sec on hand, I've tried subbing it for apple vodka, strawberry vodka, and raspberry vodka.  All have been delicious!

3.  Fill pitcher with wine about 3/4 of the way, like the picture above.

4.  Add sugar.  I like to sprinkle in just a little bit for good measure.

5.  Stir and chill until ready to serve.  Before serving, fill the rest of the pitcher with gingerale or club soda.

And now you're ready to host the best pool party ever.

Or in my case, you can make this for the girls at your Super Bowl party so you all can daydream you're laying out instead of waiting 30 minutes for the lights to come back on at the Superdome.
Seriously.
As if NFL games weren't long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment