Thursday, April 18, 2013

fresh strawberry lime margaritas + a bonus recipe!

Last weekend was what I like to call "The Weekend of the Strawberry."




I'm calling it that and not "The Weekend of the Strawberry Margarita" because, in my defense, I have been making a ton of salads with strawberries too.

You know, to balance out the copious amount of margs.

Remember back when I said I was going to try these?
Well, I finally got around to it.
Only took two months.

And now I wish I did it sooner because oh my gosh.
The glory.

recipe adapted via

Things you'll need:
{recipe for a pitcher}

1 cup silver Tequila
1/2 cup Triple Sec {optional}
1 cup strawberry simple syrup {recipe below}
3/4 cup lime juice
lime and strawberries for garnish
salt/sugar for rim

Strawberry simple syrup:

Bring 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Let cool completely.
Combine 1-1.5 cups sliced strawberries with simple syrup in a blender, and blend until combined.

Directions:

Combine tequila, triple sec, strawberry simple syrup, and lime juice in blender and pulse three or four times to combine.
*Optional: For frozen margaritas, add 1-2 cups of ice and blend until it's the consistency you like.
{We tried them on the rocks and frozen...obviously both are amazing.}
Run a lime wedge along the rim of your glass and dip in salt, sugar, or salt/sugar mixture.
I didn't have actual limes so I wet the rim with margarita, which turned my sugar a nice shade of pink.
Add a couple sliced strawberries and a lime wedge for garnish, and enjoy!

This was the perfect addition to girls' night in Athens last weekend.
I mean is there really anything better than homemade cocktails and vampire movie night?

Obviously the answer is no.

Hope you're all having a great week so far!
We're almost to the weekend already, can you believe it?!

Oh, and if you're wishing I shared something non-boozy today, then you're in luck.


I'm over at Fitness & Feta today sharing a recipe for my No-Bake Dessert Balls!

If you have a sweet tooth but want to be calorie conscious, these little buddies are for you.
{84 cals each!}

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment