Friday, April 12, 2013

friday things + DIY lip scrub

TGIF!
TGIF!
TGIF!

Is three times enough to say that?

I am super excited about this weekend.
Particularly because it starts at 5:00 today with an overnight trip to Athens!

I don't think I'll ever stop getting that giddy feeling when I make trips to Athens.
Home away from home.

The trip came about because I have a lingerie shower to go to tomorrow for my dear friend, Steph, who's wedding I'm in this June.
So tonight, Ashley, Steph, and I are going to do what any girls in their mid-20s would do on a Friday night.
Make margaritas and watch Breaking Dawn.

Duh.

This week I honestly didn't cook too much...mostly out of laziness, I suppose.
However, I did make my first actual shopping trip to Whole Foods and got some fun stuff to experiment with next week!
One of which is spaghetti squash, which I am totally pumped about trying and Joe is...let's say...less than thrilled about.
I'm determined to get him on board though.
Stay tuned.

Other things I've been up to...


Playing with my new Mason jars and juicing up a storm.
Pictured above: an apple, carrot, celery concoction.


In the last two weeks I've had approximately seven hazlenut macchiatos.
#cantstopwontstop


Wrote my first guest post for a fellow blogger!
You will see the recipe for these babies coming soon over at Fitness & Feta.
Don't worry, I'll be sure to let you know what day so you can check them out!


And lastly, I made a lip scrub that I've fallen in love with so much that I decided it had to be shared.
Why people buy $20 lip scrubs when you can make one yourself with things already in your kitchen is beyond me.

Things you'll need:

1 small glass container, like these 
2 tsp honey
1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp lemon juice
sugar

Directions:

Add honey to jar and heat in microwave for 5-7 seconds.
Add coconut oil {stir until melted if you use the solid kind like I did}.
Add lemon juice.
Slowly at sugar a few tablespoons at a time until you get the consistency you want.
You want it to be like a body scrub would be...not liquidy, but coarse and easy to spread.
Don't worry about messing up though, because you can always add more liquid or more sugar to compensate!

To use:

Put a little on your finger and rub on lips for 20-30 seconds in a circular motion to exfoliate.
Rinse with warm water.
Apply chapstick or lip balm.

I've done this twice a day {when I wake up and before I go to bed} all week, and my lips 100% stopped peeling after day two.
It's amazing!

So get to scrubbing, lovelies.

And enjoy the beautiful weekend that's ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment