Friday, January 10, 2014

happy new year!

Can you believe it's already 2014?!

When people use the phrase "last year," in my head that means 2003.
I have no idea why.
It's like my brain stopped moving in time after 2003.

I'm the worst blogger ever these days. 
No Christmas recap, no year in review, nothing.
Things have just been crazy over here.
Particularly because...


Joe proposed on December 30th!
To say that it was a surprise would be a gross understatement.
I don't think he could have caught me any more off guard.


While I was at work that day, he met up with some of my girlfriends to go ring shopping.
I'm telling you, if you need help picking out a ring, these three are the dream team.
It's been almost two weeks, and I still catch myself just staring at it.


I'd like to do a post for the engagement story all on its own, so I won't say too much yet.
But it was just perfect.
The whole thing.
That guy of mine...well he's a keeper.
Obviously.

After what will always be the best December 30th of my life, we spent the rest of the holiday celebrating the new year {and the engagement!} with friends.
New Years Eve was spent eating at my favorite restaurant {Spice}, playing Cards Against Humanity, and drinking lots of pomosas.
Party hats and horns may or may not have been involved.


Also, in our newly engaged bliss, we thought it was very important that Joe know what it feels like to have someone go down on one knee for him.
I'm not sure if he really thought it was as magical as I did, but he got the gist.


Since then, the only thing I have gotten accomplished is starting a bunch of new projects at work {good} and overwhelming myself with wedding research {bad}.
I'm starting to find the balance though, slowly but surely.
And I'm not going to lie, it's kind of great that 75% of my friends are married already and can give me advice.
One day at a time.
I did get my bridesmaids all picked out, so at least I can mark that off the list.


Etsy is going to be the death of me.

How was your NYE?
And your Christmas?
Tell me about your lives!

I will be back with a recipe next week.
Heck, maybe even this weekend if I'm feeling crazy.

Hope you all had the happiest holiday season!

Post-holiday blues have officially arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment